Wednesday 16 May 2012

Introduction to Dog Behavioral Pattern

Dogs behavioral pattern basically refers to the collection of behaviors that dogs have.
As an owner myself, i would often wonder why does my dog behave like this and that, what exactly is the message that they are trying to tell us.

Basics of dog behavior:
1. Chewing
2. Jumping
3. Digging
4. Barking
5. Biting
6. Growling

Honestly speaking, all these basics behaviors really do test my patience to it. 
Especially them barking, whenever there's a stranger at the doorsteps or rings from the telephone.
However, we can't deny that dogs are very adorable pets.

Little things they do would often amaze us and we praise them for the slightest things, such as shaking of hands, sitting down and etc.

Wagging of tail

They welcome us home by wagging their tail. 
Wagging of tail is another dog behavior.
Wagging of tail may mean happiness, but also, the science behind it is dogs use their tails to communicate strong emotions such as annoyance, agitation and happiness.

Therefore, it is important to observe their facial muscles and etc to interpret which emotion are they implying in exact.

I shall end this post with a video[Source] on Reading Dog Behavior.Dog Whisperer: Hounded by Fear

11 comments:

  1. Interesting blog. There are some good information about dogs that i don't know. Your this post have let me know why they behaves this way now. I do like pets too. Keep it up (:
    -raphael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, thanks for the comments. I'll probably feature my princess on this space on the next post, do stick around! Have a nice day.

      Delete
  2. Great information about dogs on how they behave. I don't own a dog so I'm not sure how they behave but I know that dogs are man best friend. But great blog you have there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, thanks for your comments. Animals are very loving creatures just like humans haha cheers!

      Delete
  3. Heard that you own a dog! Being a dog owner is it fun? By the way what is your dog name? Can I make a few awesome guess? Your dog name Green Tea? Actually, you should bring your dog to school to show how you dog behave maybe your dog can be friends with the school cat:) -Hayden-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg, i should do that totally!!! 'BRING MY DOG TO SCHOOL AND SHOW EVERYONE HOW SHE BEHAVE' and LET HER BE FRIENDS WITH THE SCHOOL CAT. Thanks for your comments, HAYDEN. Do stick around and look out for my dog in school:)

      Delete
    2. You should actually give dog as birthday present to people in the school. Since dog able to contribute fun to people.:)

      Delete
  4. what a cool blog you have! Thanks! I have learnt the basics about different dog behavior. I have a friend that owns a dog, he told me that his dog is frighten whenever there is rain and thunder, true??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks for the comments, Cs. It's probably true but i think it depends on the dog. As my dog belongs to medium-large breed, she's not really afraid of rain and thunder. In fact, she actually loves to take a nap whenever there's a chilly weather. ^.^

      Delete
  5. Nice post. but now a days there many irresponsible people around abandoning dogs when they are bored of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, thanks for your comments! I do agree with you. Unfortunately the dogs have to suffer due to the irresponsible dog owners. They should have expected to bear the responsibility once they had a dog:(

      Delete