Monday 21 May 2012

Sleep-Conscious

Light Sleeping
Dogs are a good example of light sleeper

They are able to sleep at any time, no matter whether it's after having their meal or after their potty or after playtime, they are able to just lie down, close their eyes and off to dreamland.
However, with the slightest sound such as footsteps of neighbor at the corridor, they will be awaken.
Attentive animals like them, their hearing is sharp and accurate.

Sleeping Hot Spots
Corners and under table/bed/chairs and etc are their favourite sleeping spots.
I believe it is to give them a sense of security.

So.... What is the best sleeping position for them?
Answer: It is to sleep on their back, exposing their stomach.
As dogs sweat through the pads on their paw, so exposing the stomach, which is less covered with fur and more skin exposed, can provide a comfortable cool-down when temperature increases.

I shall end this post with a funny video of this dog's sleeping position!
Hope it will bring a smile to you! =)
[Source]

14 comments:

  1. Hi jasmine, I surely believe that you are attentive dog owner. Just curious how long have you been taking care of your dog and what is your dog name? Want to show us a photo of your dog? I guess your dog should be gigantic by now:) Nice video it is damn cute! How I wish I am also a dog owner then I can share with you more about dogs!
    By the way nice pictures you have in your blog:) –Hayden-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hay. The collage image in my post is my dog. Her name is Phoebe. Do stay around~

      Delete
  2. Hey Jasmine! I would like to know how dogs recognizes their owner?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Yes of course they do, especially with the amount of time and care we spent on them. hehe

      Delete
  3. hi jasmine i also wish that i would get a dog as a lot people say that dogs are good friend to man. nice pictures by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey cool! Maybe you can consider adopting a dog than buying them! It helps to rehome them and adopted dogs are more friendly in general:)

      Delete
  4. Hi Jasmine your blog is very interesting and I belief you really love dogs. The pictures you posted were very nice and the video was very funny. Your blog would definitely develop the interest of pets among the viewers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks for your comments! I was still afraid that my blog is kinda boring. Yes n I do love dogs;) have a nice day!

      Delete
  5. Its great to know you are a dog lover! Interesting position that your dog sleeps in. My dogs likes to sleep sideways. I have experienced with a lot of dogs, do check out my sister's dog boarding facebook page. One of them can sing pretty well in a video!http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Furkidsholidaystay/186541814777210

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woah thanks for your comments as well as the link! I've liked the page and seen the video, the dogs are such cuties. i love to mingle with another dog lover!^-^

      Delete
  6. Heyy Jasmine. Awesome blog. I want to have a dog as a pet. Best companion any person can ever have. And with this blog, you are bringing me closer to making that idea into reality. It's very informative and i will be definitely keeping my eyes on your blog. keep it up =)
    -Harmeet-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks for the comments! I definitely appreciate your interest in my blog, hopefully it brings you to information that you have always wanted to know:)

      Delete
  7. Hi Jasmine, I didn't realized that dogs like to sleep at the corners and your dogs are cute too. Looking forward for your next post. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice blog. i wish i could have a pet dog too. But my family does't allow.

    ReplyDelete